Friday, January 4, 2013

Prepping for Cycle 1

Two days ago I went to Sam's Club and Kroger to purchase the bulk of our food for the first week. Here is what I bought:

  • lean ground turkey
  • 2 large containers of Greek yogurt
  • Roman lettuce (lots of it)
  • spinach
  • chicken broth
  • celery
  • bell peppers
  • eggs
  • egg whites
  • cabbage
  • lemons
  • onions
  • cucumbers
  • canned tomatoes
  • canned tomato sauce
  • canned artichoke hearts
  • carrots
  • grapefruit
  • salsa
  • Stevia (or Truvia)--a natural sweetener
  • vitamins
  • cauliflower
  • brocoli
  • frozen strawberries
  • frozen berries
  • frozen green beans
  • frozen Salmon filets
  • frozen Chicken breasts
  • frozen Tilapia filets
  • Yes, our fridge is PACKED! 

    I cut up half of the 6 head pack of lettuce I bought right away.  Just a tip...if you cut, wash, and spin your lettuce, store it in a air tight container with layers of paper towel every so often (I usually do about 3 layers of paper towels - beginning, middle, and top).  I will keep for about 2 weeks.  :) 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment